Vanille Coco Crème - Raw Dessert Recipe
Creamy, decadent, simple and nutritious!
This recipe will satisfy your desire to indulge in something pleasurable as you enjoy a light and refreshing feeling in your body.
Makes approximately 20 oz of Deliciousness (Four 5 oz servings)
- 2 fresh young Thai coconuts
- 1 tablespoon of raw, local honey (for a lightly sweetened batch)
- 1/4 - 1/2 of a vanilla bean pod
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Sprinkle of Himalayan pink crystal sea salt
- Watch and learn how to open a young Thai coconut easily
- Blend the coconut meat and water in a Vitamix or blender on high until smooth and creamy
- Open the vanilla bean pod & scrape the beans out
- Add the vanilla bean & remaining ingredients then blend on medium just until combined
- Pour the creamy coconut goodness into your glass or ceramic serving dishes
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or prepare earlier in the day and let it thicken for 4-8 hours for a pudding-like consistency
- Add all of the toppings that you desire!
I enjoyed mine with figs and melted chocolate ♥
For one serving of the melted chocolate: In a double boiler on low heat, slowly melt a large square (about 10g) of an organic, dark, fair-trade chocolate bar with 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil. You can also make a sauce with the same heating method by melting coconut oil and stirring in raw cacao powder and a sweetener if you choose.
Completely indulge in the decadence!
Allow yourself to fully experience and enjoy the richness of the aromas, flavors, textures and the beauty of this art that you have just created...